Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Baylor Campus Visit

As one could assume from the title I visited Baylor today, today being July 25th, since i'm writing this and its like midnightish.

I went in to the visit thinking, oh this should be fun, and maybe i'll get some cool free stuff.

It was that, and much more.

I LOVED Baylor. And since I currently go to a JUCO I need to find a University to transfer to. I had thrown  a few other colleges names around (UT and Texas State) but both of my other choices had some downsides. Baylor on the other hand, pretty much had none (unless you count the cost, but that is to be figured out at a later date. Get in first figure out how to pay for it after). The upsides of Baylor are: the student to teacher ratio (14 to 1, and I love that!), the gorgeous campus, a great school for my major (English), a law school (great because I want to be prelaw), and how friendly everyone was. So I have made Baylor my first and top choice as the college I want to transfer to.

This means a lot of things have to change for me. For one I kinda messed around in my classes my freshman year and my grades are not where I want them to be, and not what they need to be for Baylor. So more studying is at hand for me, while still keeping up my extracurriculars. It also means making sure i'm taking classes that will transfer and not silly filler classes that won't count for anything. But i'm excited about this decision, and i'm up for the challenge and the changes I have to make.

And since I got a shirt after going on my tour a photoshoot was in order, along with some pictures I took while on my tour! :)

Okay so cool fact, Baylor has a rock wall in their student center (WHATT!?!) Right? I said the same thing. But it is super cool, and it is in the shape of a bear, which you can't tell from the picture, but still, cool stuff.
 This picture I took on what is considered the main part of campus, and I mainly took this picture cause it was a perfect photo-op. Statue, trees, Baylor.....so pretty. :)
Then there was the seal, and we learned about the history of it, and what it means. This was another thing I liked about Baylor so much was the history of the college that I found out while I was on the tour.

And then of course a picture of me in the free shirt I got with my tour.

Ahh, I just want to live there now. Hopefully I will a year from now, I'm quite determined!


Sic 'Em Bears!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment