Friday, July 20, 2012

DIY Pencil Cup

So today I was helping my grandmother organize her desk area, and I quickly realized that she had nowhere to store pens and pencils. My first instinct was to look around the house for something that could easily work as a pencil cup. I was starting to think I wouldn't find anything when I came across an empty icing container. And that is how the transformation began.

I forgot to take a picture of the original container, but here is the cup about halfway through the process:
To get to this point I basically took the wrapper off the container, picked some scrapbook paper, tacky glued it on, waited about 15 minutes, and then added a coat of modge podge.

Then I decided it needed a pretty little label because the yellow alone just looked so blah. So I got on the computer and whipped up a label (which is now avaiable for YOU under the printables tab!).
 Which is how I ended up with this as my final product:
It turned out perfect! And it will make a great addition to my grandmothers desk area! And another plus for me and her? It cost absolutely nothing to make!

What have you made with containers that used to store other things? 
Comment and let me know! :)

Linking up with A Bowl full of Lemons, and Craft O Manic Monday  so make sure to head over there and check out all the cool projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment