Friday, September 20, 2013

Loving and Loathing: iOS 7 Edition

Everyone seems to be talking about what they like and dislike about iOS 7, so I wanna pitch in my opinion. First let me say that overall, I love it. It's different but its fresh and it seems lighter and better than the previous OS. 

Let's talk some specifics: 

Love


 The redesign of the photo app. 
Not only is it really easy to take pictures (also in different sizes, like square for instagram!) but it is really easy to look through your photos without having to scroll through 200+ pictures. Considering I generally have 200+ photos on my iPhone I like this feature because it is really easy for me to look for the photo I want and it only takes me a few seconds.

The redesign of messages! It just looks so fluid and simple, and I just really really like it. 
Oh and if you're wondering what time someone sent you a message, apple added a handy little, semi hidden feature for you to be able to tell what time you sent/ received a message. Just press your screen anywhere within your messages and slide it left!

iTunes Radio. 

Once I updated to iOS 7, I said goodbye to Pandora. Who needs an extra app when this one does the same thing?


Weather

I really like that the screen emulates the weather outside, so if I only had a second to glance at my phone I would know what the weather was doing without having to squint at the little icons. Yay for much needed rain!


Loathing
The app tray bar. For some reason to me it just seems a little excessive. I think it just takes up more space than it needs to. It very meh. 

The notification bar. 

I don't have a picture for this cause I would have to catch it at just the right time and I am not that talented. But it seems a little large as well as intrusive. All of the other elements on the phone are light colored and simple, then you get a notification and BAM. HELLO LARGE BLACK BAR AT THE TOP OF MY SCREEN. 

The iPad Version
Now I think iOS 7 is great for the iPad, everything is sized for the iPad unlike the previous OS. That I like. But is is REALLY laggy when I try to type anything. Typing in my password take a good 30 seconds. Typing in my password for app purchases takes even longer. It is really bugging me, and I hope they release an update to fix it. 

So there you have it. That's what I'm loving and loathing about iOS 7. What about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment